The Renew Project aims to:
• Increase community pride and image of North Central
• Reduce vandalism
• Improve support for victims of vandalism
This is achieved by:
1. Educating residents and property owners about property crimes and reporting process.
2. Engaging residents in taking pride in physical environment of neighbourhood through volunteer events.
3. Providing a service for victims of vandalism by removing or repairing damage by working with offenders and community volunteers.
Starting with designated blocks, Renew Project staff will connect with as many of the home owners and residents with the purpose of educating and engaging them about vandalism and community pride. The culmination will be a work event focusing on renewing the block. Blocks will be targeted and subsequently blocks will be targeted based on requests from residents. Approximately 40 households on each block will benefit directly from each event
Residents will be encouraged to request Renew Project staff and volunteers to help with reporting, and removing or covering up graffiti vandalism.
If you are a community member, or would simply like to get involved please contact us at 306-791-9888 or email@example.com for more information.