North Central Community Association – How Does it all Work??
North Central Residents
- attend community events, participate in community programs, attend local churches & gathering places at which time they state the issues that affect them and their community.
Community Association – in conjunction with the community, took those concerns and:
- developed a community Vision and Action Plan;
- participated in a community-wide Crime Prevention Audit;
- engaged the community through committees, events & interviews for updates.
North Central Board Members
- are elected by the residents of the community at an annual general meeting.
Sub-Committees of the Association
- Executive Committee – oversees the business of the board.
- Audit Committee – reviews the financial workings of the organization.
- Albert Library – a self-sustainable committee of NCCA that oversees and manages the community library. One of the first locally-run libraries in the province of Saskatchewan.
- Together Now Inter-Agency Forum – over 30 agencies working in North Central to share ideas and resources; meets 4 times a year throughout the community.