Family Recreation Coordinator
The Family Recreation Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and overseeing North Central’s Vibe Program. The Vibe Program is a family recreation program that will run 4 seasonal sets of programming. Programming will be in three categories, Arts & Craft, Culture, and Fitness.
- Coordinate all aspects of 5 hours of weekly structured recreation programming including participants, volunteers, instructors, materials, and nutrition.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure for the safe and effective management of the program
- Track statistics and prepare reports for funders and board of directors
- Recruit, train and supervise community volunteers
- Promote and advertise the program within the community
- Fundraise and find sponsors to cover additional program costs not currently covered by budget.
- Experience developing recreation programming
- Experience working with volunteers
- Experience working with children and families with a diverse background
- Possess or be willing to obtain First Aid CPR
- Provide a vulnerable sector criminal record check and child abuse record check
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Understanding of North Central neighbourhood an asset
- Can work as part of a team and independently when required
- Post-Secondary education in Kinesiology, Education, Social Work, Youth Care, Early Childhood Education, Health Studies, Justice Studies, Fine Arts or related fields
Remuneration: $15 to $17/hour depending on experience
Hours: Part-time hours with an average of 20 hours/week requiring 2-3 evenings per week
Duration: January 3, 2017 to May 31, 2017 with opportunity for extension
Application Deadline: December 22, 2016
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Annie Charles, Community Service Manager
North Central Community Association
Good Neighbour Services is a social enterprise of the North Central Community Association providing employment opportunities for the youth of our community. The program provides products and services within the City of Regina while providing their workers with valuable job skills and work experience.
Contract casual workers needed for seasonal duties.
Shovellers needed for established clients in Regina. Tools are supplied, Site Supervisor present.
Drop of resumes to:
Marty Rothermel, Project Manager
Good Neighbour Services
1650 Angus Street (rear entrance) or 1264 Athol Street (2nd floor)
Phone: (306) 519-0730 or Email: email@example.com